Lauryn Higgins is a native of the Tarheel State and currently a graduate student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she is studying...
As a twenty-something who has received over a dozen wedding invitations this summer, I’m starting to wonder if people these days even go on first dates or if they just skip straight to planning their honeymoon. So, for the few of you who are still single and ready to get out there, I’ve listed below some not-so-traditional first date questions…Asheville style.
So, get off the couch, pause “Orange is the New Black,” and put on something nice…because you’re about to go on a date.
1. If you could be any topping at Biscuit Head, which one would you be?
Make sure this is your first question, because if your date doesn’t know what Biscuit Head is, you need to leave.
2. Scene or Mountain Xpress?
It’s like comparing Apples to Oranges, but we all have our favorite.
3. Have you ever willingly woken up before the sun to exercise?
Yes, yoga counts as exercise, even if you are chanting half the time.
4. When they announced Bele Chere wasn’t returning, did you cry?
The only acceptable answer is yes.
5. What restaurant would you recommend to a tourist?
If they say Olive Garden forget the rest of your meal and run. Run away.
6. Moogfest or DIG Fest ?
Basically, is your date into electronic bands no one has heard of, or into independent local musicians who no one has heard of?
7. Do you dance at the drum circle? Do you even go to the drum circle?
When I first moved here, I thought ALL the locals went here, now I’m realizing it’s where the “cool” kids go right after they scan the clearance rack at Urban Outfitters.
8. Do you not drink craft beer?
This can be a deal-breaker for some.
(Neckalce pictured is from Etsy)